Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Embossing folders

Hi every one,

I thought I would share two cards over the next couple of days, showing why embossing folders are good to have ;).

On this card I made plain cardstock into "pattern paper" using my embossing folders, distress ink & stickles.  The two folders I used are D'vine Swirl & Distressed Stripes.  I wanted the Mermaid to look like she is underwater.

I used the D'vine Swirl folder on plain c/s.  Then after running it through my cuttlebug, I used some Diamond Stickles on the raised swirls.  I also used Tumbled Glass on the raised section of c/s I embossed with Distressed Stripes.  The fish are a cuttlebug die (I don't remember the name sorry).

I hope this has inspired you to get out your embossing folders & have a play :D.  They are so much fun & so easy to used.  Happy Crafting every one.

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

awesome Paula. Well done

Alice said...

awww.... this is gorgeous, Paula! love that you used the embossed swirls for water and your coloring is fab, girl! such a beautiful card!