Monday, March 10, 2014

Embossed Patterned Paper

I love the idea of adding some texture to background pattern paper and today I'm sharing a card where I did this using some images from our sponsor - Little Blue Button Stamps.


This is a card I made for Little Blue Button Stamps Blog.  The background is one that Olga designed and which I have recoloured in blues.  I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment  and then added some blue ink all around and in places with a stencil or two.  The whole panel was then embossed with a folder.  I printed out the Vintage Dress form (Available here as a digital stamp or here as a rubber stamp) and used some Copics to colour.  The blue wasn't quite right, so I smeared some Gesso over it to tone it down.  Then I added Stickles to the wings and some Glossy Accents to the hat.  The finishing touch was some twine and a vintage button.

Hope this inspires you to try embossing PP. 

Dawn and the Divas

2 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

This is gorgeous dawn!

Cindy C. said...

That background is really pretty!! Love the texture!