Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Prima Gal on the Reno Runway



Reno is not just about the buildings and "hot" stuff, but people too.  I thought this Prima doll might suit the occasion.  I like to use leftover pieces in my cards, tags and projects, too.  The black and white panel is from a box of black and white note cards which I fell in love with.  The circles are left over from a card using a Memory Box Die.  The stamped background is from an old (and I still LOVE it) 2001 Hero Arts stamp Manuscript Background (H2141).  The buildings are left over from one of my cards, Cityscape Silhouette.

You are actually supposed to paper piece these dolls, but the first thing I did was go for my Copic markers to color her and I do like the way she turned out.  I fussy-cut the doll out and arranged everything to my liking.  The close-up here has a dark blue ribbon now.  I liked the shot of the tag without the ribbon because the ribbon is scrunchy and doesn't photograph well on the card.

I didn't like these dolls at first, but they definitely grow on you.  When I first saw them, my first thought was "THEY HAVE NO FACES" and who would want to buy one... Well, I think they're rather cute now and I like seeing the longer lengths of stamps.  The wonderful tagare perfect for the over-sized dolls. Hancock Park is a great pack of tags too.  The tags are heavy duty, like chipboard and the patterns and colors are marvelous.

Have fun now!

No comments: